The little one has been good this week and has been taking sustained afternoon naps which allows me to get stuff done. My number one priority was the toy box, it’s been sitting in the garage gathering dust since we bought it, waiting for me to strip the black paint off it to give it a new lease on life. Yesterday I did just that.
I bought some paint stripping goo (it really was quite goo like!), slapped it on and scrapped away to get the worst of the paint off. It worked like a charm although after watching it in action I was very careful not to get it on my hands! With the paint off I gave it a bit of a rub down and it was ready for its new colours.
Next I slapped on a coat of water based undercoat and it was ready for the real painting. I’m painting the panels and framing cream and the main body blue. My intention is to mark off a space themed design on each of the panels and then using a stencilling technique leave the detail in the cream and the rest paint blue (I hope that makes sense!). My job for tonight is to try and come up with a design.
I don’t have a photo at the moment (maybe tomorrow) but trust me when I say it is looking better already and I have a great sense of satisfaction for starting to give the tired old blanket box a new lease on life.